doxologue

conversing about, and calling for, God-centered worship in the local church

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Good Friday, Easter, Suggestions, Etc.

David covered a lot of quality songs for Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.

My comment: Should we be singing anything special for Good Friday and Easter? After all, if our focus is not on the cross and resurrection every Sunday, we've got other things to worry about than these two days.

That said, I do believe it is wise to account for an unusual amount of unbelievers in attendance on Easter morning. I think it is wise to preach directly and simply on the Gospel, as opposed to preaching on its applications and implications (as we might do most Sundays as we move through books). This is always good for believers and unbelievers alike.

I want to highly recommend the songs from David's CD Cross-Centered Worship. I plan to review this on An Infant in a Cradle in the future. For now, let me say that I have been listening to this CD for a few months now and every listen brings fresh blessings. I look forward to singing more of these songs and hope others will do so as well. The "cross-centeredness" in Cross-Centered Worship makes them more than applicable for Good Friday and Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home