doxologue

conversing about, and calling for, God-centered worship in the local church

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Prayer is Worship Too

I'll admit it. I did it. The blog is only a day or two old and I've already begun to think of "worship in the local church" as primarily dealing with music. I imagine that I'm not the only pastor prone to thinking this way. It is a shame. We prepare the preaching and the songs and assume worship is covered.

Bob Kauflin's post Watts' on Prayer reminded me that public prayer is an important aspect of God-centered worship in the local church. It is the first in a series of Isaac Watts' teaching on the ministry of prayer. Should be a series worth following. (Mr. Kauflin notes that the issue of public prayer will be addressed at this year’s WorshipGod06 conference.)

May the Lord help us to take seriously the matter of praying before his people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home