doxologue

conversing about, and calling for, God-centered worship in the local church

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Together for the Gospel!

I just returned this weekend from hands-down the best conference I have ever attended. What a fabulous 3 days.

1) As a church planter, the conference was incredibly encouraging. I left encouraged to keep plugging away, keep trusting God's promise to build His Church His way.

2) I was greatly encouraged by the unity present at the conference across denominational lines. There was true brotherhood around the gospel without the "lowest common denominator" feel of other non-denominational events I have attended. The understanding of the gospel and of God and His Church was so marvelous that I felt more at home than had I been at a meeting of my own denomination.

3) It was a wonderful opportunity to see old friends and catch up with them. Nice to chat with you, David and Eric.

4) The worship through music was AMAZING. Bob Kauflin, if you read this, your song selection and humble leadership were greatly appreciated. It was a remarkable experience to sing such God-centered songs with 3000 passionate men. A preview of heaven, for sure, although the sopranos and altos there will round things out nicely. :)

Now I can't wait to head up to Minneapolis in September for the Desiring God National Conference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home